The Discover Armenia project – an International Photography Exhibition promoting Armenia through the vision of every person who wanted to contribute with photos, regarding the following 5 categories: People – Places – Traditions – Heritage – Free choice. Because the diaspora represents a big part of modern day Armenia, there is a 6th category: Diaspora – in which can be found photos with worldwide Armenian Heritage or within Armenian communities.
In all, 58 photographers from 21 countries around the globe responded to our call, and contributed with 531 photos. The best 150 photos (100 from Armenia, 20 of each category and 50 from diaspora).
Online galleries: People | Places | Traditions | Heritage | Free choice | Diaspora
The Discover Armenia project as launched at the Armenian Street Festival, Bucharest, Romania.
Over 20.000 people came between 7-9 August 2015, and all were impressed by everything Armenia has to offer. This amazing exhibition was possible only with the contribution of patriotic and very talented photographers and the help of our partners, and this way we would like to thank everybody involved. Together we are stronger!
Project initiator: George Năzăreanu
Andreea Tănase – Photojournalist, Documentarian, Author of the photo book “Armenians in Romania. The Stories of the People Close to Us“
Ecaterina Năzăreanu – Independent Sociologist & Visual Anthropologist
Marius Vasiliu – Photographer, TerraDesign Printing House
Hrant Jaghinyan – Visual Artist, Image and Media Coordinator of International Campaign to Abolish Nuclear Weapons, Romania
George Năzăreanu – Photographer, “Grigore Antipa” National Museum of Natural History, Bucharest
Armenian Virtual Collage, AGBU
– AGBU Armenian Virtual College (AVC) is an accredited online learning institution that facilitates Armenian Studies through new technologies. AVC aims to provide learners throughout the world with the opportunity to receive full-fledged Armenian education, regardless of age, country of residence and knowledge.
– AVC classes are open to anyone who is interested in Armenian Studies. The program offers a virtual classroom to students who do not have access to traditional face-to-face Armenian educational programs, and supplements the curriculum of those who do.
– AVC’s mission is to also build a virtual learning community that fosters cultural education and social ties across the globe. To date, AVC has had students from more than 75 countries around the world. Shortly after publication, each AVC e-book title results in more than 10,000 downloads worldwide.
Young Professionals, AGBU
– Established in 1995, the AGBU Young Professionals is a growing network of groups and supporters around the world who preserve and promote the Armenian identity and heritage for young Armenians between the ages of 22 to 40. It is the largest, global network of its kind today bringing young Armenians together from all walks of life to serve the greater good.
– Motto:“To know wisdom and instruction; to perceive the words of understanding.”
– PeopleOfAr is one of the best online Armenian publication websites, regarding Armenian history, culture, art, religion, literature, science and news. The articles published are extremely well documented and are presented in a modern and simplistic visual manner accessible to everyone.
– Besides valuable articles, PeopleOfAr publishes unique and beautiful illustrated videos about Armenia, its history, culture, people, traditions and so forth.
– All videos can be watched on PeopleOfAr – Youtube Channel.
– Birthright Armenia (Depi Hayk) runs a year round program for Diasporan Armenian youth, 20-32 years old, to experience Armenia as active participants: to come, volunteer and connect deeply with the country.
– Our participants stay in Armenia from 1-12 months, immersing themselves in the diverse Armenian experience. They are provided with professional internships, subsidized home stays, language classes, lecture series, free of charge. It also reimburses the airfare if the participants meet all the requirements of the program.
– Our mission is to strengthen ties between the homeland and Diasporan youth by affording them an opportunity to be a part of Armenia’s daily life and to contribute to Armenia’s development through work, study and volunteer experiences, while developing life-long personal ties and a renewed sense of Armenian identity.
Submission call can be found HERE.