The Armenian Street Postcrossing Exhibition – starting 7 August 2015, during the Armenian Street Festival – will last 1 month at the Armenian Cultural Centre, Bucharest, Romania.
Send a postcard – win prizes and participate in an international exhibition!
The Armenian Street Festival is an international festival which is meant to promote the Armenian Heritage, one of the most ancient civilisations of humanity and also to create a deeper bond between ethnic communities and nations all over the globe. This year will be the 3rd edition of the Festival, last year coming 18.000 people during the events.
The festival is composed of 4 minorities in Romania: Armenians as organisers and Greeks, Jews and Gypsies as participants. Every year come thousands of people and turists from many other countries (UK, Germany, Russia, Poland, Hungary, Austria, Ukraine, Moldova, Bulgaria to name a few).
The Postcrossing Exhibition can only be possible with your help, by sending postcards to the following address:Armenian Cultural Centre
Strada Armeneasca nr. 13
ROMANIA (Note: If you choose a different language than English to read the post, please write the address as in the poster). By sending a postcard you will participate in an International Postcrossing Exhibition and also you will have the opportunity to WIN a special postcard send from Armenia or Romania.
As a thank you for the postcards received, we will have a lottery of 100 special and limited postcards which will be written and signed by exhibitors and entertainers from the Festival, and also by celebrities and important people from the Armenian community in Romania (actors, writers, inventors, historians, musicians etc.). To win this special postcards, you will have to write your e-mail on the postcard (Note: for personal security the e-mail will be covered with tape during the exhibition).
– The postcard may contain any message you desire, but we encourage to contain one of the following themes:
- motivational and inspirational message for Armenians or Romanians;
- something interesting you know about Armenia;
- if you have Armenian friends, how your relation relation with them;
- Armenian Heritage in your country;
- message regarding the Armenian Genocide, this year being the centennial of the tragic events started in 24 April 1915, in which were killed over 1.5 million Armenians.
– The message must be in English or bilingual (English and your own language).
– The postcards can be personalized as wished, adding drawings, pictures, stickers etc.
– The cover is up to you, what you feel will represent you or your country best in the exhibition (must not be vulgar, otherwise the card won’t be displayed). In lack of ideas we suggest a postcard with traditional clothing, culture, landscapes, hometown or Armenian Heritage found in your country.
We have received 251 postcards from the following 45 countries: Armenia, Australia, Belarus, Belgium, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, China, Costa Rica, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Iran, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Lithuania, Malaysia, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Peru, Philippines, Portugal, UAE; USA; UK, Romania, Russia, Scotland, Singapore, Spain, South Africa, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, Ukraine (Update 31 July 2015).
Every card received is amazing and the messages are unique and very emotional for us. We appreciate your gestures very much and this way, we want to thank all the Postcrossing community and the wonderful people around the world who wrote us!
International Postcrossing Meetup in Bucharest, Romania: 8-9 August 2015
The International Postcrossing Meetup in Bucharest, Romania, will take place during the Armenian Street Festival, between 10.00-18.00.
In this period there will be Postcrossing related events organised by the Postcrossing community in Romania, such as:
– private collection displays
– contests & lotteries
– postcard signing sessions
– conferences about Postcrossing
– games and other surprise events
See you at the at Postcrossing Meetup during the Armenian Street Festival or through your postcard in the Postcrossing Exhibition.
Note: For the best organization of the Meetup, please confirm your participation by writing us at this e-mail: email@example.com
The Armenian Street Festival will be transmited on national and international channels and in Armenian communities all over the world. Furthermore the events will have livestream, so you can see the Postcrossing Exhibition and Meetup live from your desktop or mobile device.
Events during the Armenian Street Festival
– Armenian bazaar (clothing, rugs, jewelry, art, pottery, accessories, etc.);
– Traditional Armenian food and sweets;
– Traditional Armenian music concerts;
– Concerts with many international artists (last year came Aram MP3, Armenia’s representative at Eurovision 2014);
– Theatrical performances;
– Magic acts on the street;
– Postcrossing exhibition – possible only with your help;
– Postcrossing international meetup
– Photography exhibitions about the Armenian Heritage;
– Books activities (free books event, book releases, book readings etc.);
– Armenian calligraphy workshops;
– Vartavar – Armenian ancient water festival
– “Flowers Fight” event
– Cultural movies and conferences at the Armenian Cultural Centre (on the same street);
– Guided tours of the Armenian Museum (on the same street);
– Guided tours of the Armenian Church (on the same street);
– Technology demonstrations (such as 3D printing, computerized Lego and other mechanisms);
– Other recreational activities, workshops and surprise events (dedicated for children, teens, adults and seniors).
Have any questions? Write us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Last but not least, BIG THANK YOU to the Postcrossing Team for supporting this International Exhibition and Meetup in Romania.
The goal of the Postcrossing project is to allow people to receive postcards from all over the world, for free. Well, almost free! The main idea is that: if you send a postcard, you will receive one back from a random Postcrosser from somewhere in the world.